![]() |
| Likely a Montanan wearing a sombrero. This charming article can be yours at http://www.go4costumes.com/ |
When I first arrived in Montana , one of my initial discoveries was the fact that there are many new restaurants. Many new chain restaurants, that is. And those that aren't chains are wholly offensive. For example, there is a restaurant that I passed one day called "Fancy Asian Sushi." Wow. That screams awesome food, to me. It's not just sushi, it's Asian sushi. And not only that, it's fancy. Excellent.
But not only have I recently been singing another tune as to the restaurant scene here, there is one particular genre that has piqued my attention: Mexican food. Last night I had what can only be described as some of the best Mexican food I have eaten. I kid you not. It's as though a tiny piece of Mexico (minus the strange viruses and drug lords...well, the viruses, anyway) was plunked down just miles from the Canadian border. The guacamole was heaven, the rice was spicy and (this may have had something to do with it) the margaritas were frosty. It was really good food. Ok, again I admit that my palette for Mexican food is a bit underdeveloped. But nonetheless, I enjoyed my meal. It was shocking.
I'm quite certain I will continue to peruse the Red Robins and Applebees of the town. But I guess the moral of the story is, you never know when the bizarre will pleasantly surprise you. I don't feel strongly enough about this lesson, however, to try the fancy sushi. My morals have limits.

No comments:
Post a Comment